The story of Pakistan's only male gynecologist

 The story of Pakistan's only male gynecologist

If the gynecologist is a woman, it is no joke to seek treatment. But if the gynecologist is a man, many questions arise in Pakistani society. But the doctor's job is to do everything possible to improve the health of the patients and to heal them. Dr. Zulfiqar is the only male gynecologist in Pakistan. Who belong to Mardan. He is from Pathan family. But men are gynecologists. Recently BBC Urdu interviewed him and spoke to him. In which Dr. Zulfiqar says that:

My name is Dr. Zulfiqar Ali and I am a gynecologist. My mother was ill for 28 years, because of which I decided that I would become a doctor who could treat mothers, sisters and daughters. In the beginning, the family didn't even tell me that I was a singer. When I went to get my degree, a lot of great professors stood up and praised me. My father was very opposed to this, he never told anyone that I was in Gaini. But whenever you do something new, big and good that has never been done before, do it. That is the happiest moment. Because we are Pathan family and we belong to Mardan and it was very strange for them that there is a man, he is a male doctor who treats only women. If you want to change anything in the house, there is a good deal of discussion. People used to tell me that this is a women's department and this is not your job. It won't work for you. ''

Dr. Mazid says: "If you are an expert in a field, you are settled everywhere. I wanted to be a good doctor. I thought that if I did not settle down in this field and I am not a slave to it, I would leave. But my mother supported me. He told me that patients need a good doctor, whether male or female. So I convinced myself. I have a lot of patients today. Women come and treat me. Her husband also comes along. I have no problem with my work.

No comments: